Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sarah's Spectacular Socks Success

Sarah's birthay socks are done!


I used the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Solids in purple that I got a couple weeks ago, which unfortunately didn't come out very well in the picture you see here. It is really a deeper more vibrant shade of purple. Stupid flash. I should start taking my pictures outside so it doesn't feel the need to poke its nose in and ruin my colors. But...I digress. The pattern is a slightly modified version of Widdershins from Knitty. I decided I wanted a sleeker looking sock, so I knit the heel flap plain without the slipped stitches. I also used a mini cable rib for the cuff instead of the plain ribbing. I'm really happy with how they turned out. The yarn was a dream to work with, such a great hand. It felt perfect on my Brittany DPNs. I want to keep them. I know I can't - I will have to force myself to stop fondling them and wrap them up.


Green Gable is cast on and all I'm going to say about it now is...I'm going to go knit now.

No comments: