Monday, April 16, 2007

It was the socks' fault

It was a good knitting week. And weekend. The boy was away all week, so I had a lot of extra time to myself. Needless to say, it was not such a good week for house chores, but I got a lot of knitting done! I'm almost done with the baby cardi, there's about an inch and a half left on the last sleeve. I ran out of blue yarn at the very end, so I have to buy some more - and I only need about an arms length, just my luck. My plan is to have it finished, blocked, seamed and ready to be mailed next Saturday. Best laid plans...we'll see.

I made a visit to my LishYS, Ewe'll Love It in Nashua on Saturday and by lucky chance they were having a "Fiber Fiesta"! All the ladies from the shop were there and they were doing raffles and hourly sales. I won a cute little baby pattern and a skein of Hemp/Wool from Hand Painted Knitting Yarns not 10 minutes after I walked in the door! I learned how to use a swift and winder and took advantage of the great sale loft prices to pick up two skeins of Artful Yarns Fable in the Hansel and Gretel colorway. Yummy. I think a tank top shall be in order.

And then there were the socks. I never finished my first pair of socks. I hadn't even turned the heel of the first sock before I decided that socks were most definately not for me. I was most definately wrong. Socks are the best! After I finished the first pair, the bug bit me. My second pair is self designed, using the Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula from the Summer '06 Knitty. Then of course I had to start a third pair before the second was finished. A good friend's birthday is coming up and I got some mmm mmm good Cherry Tree Hill Supersock to make some for her. I love the socks! I want to make more!

Green Gable, you have not been forgotten. I just have to finish this pair of socks...

No comments: